Wednesday, October 8, 2008

# 23 Things

My pseudonym 'trailingbehind' referred to my lack of tramping but became synoymous with not keeping up with Web 2.0. Now I'm finally there I'd like to do the other 23 things! This has been an awesome exercise. I have embraced social networking with my Facebook page and have plans to set up my own blog to document my tramping. The blog feeds I now have are keeping me in touch with topics daily and I feel like I have a new hobby. Great that these skills transfer to my professional life and have helped me gain some rapport with my own teenagers as well as our library patrons. I particularly enjoyed the creative outlet the blog allowed, the adding of photos and a favourite Youtube video. I thought that the enthusiasm of some of my colleagues was particularly motivational. The whole exercise has had the unexpected benefit of networking about topics that wouldn't normally get discussed during the course of a day and I think most of us feel a great sense of achievement.

1 comment:

NSL Training Support Team said...

It was lovely to follow your enthusiastic exploration throughout this programme. It seems that you have discovered many useful things and had fun along the way. How wonderful that you could share it with your teens. Congratulations on a great achievement!