Friday, October 3, 2008

# 16 Zoho and Google Docs

Had a good look at Zoho Writer but preferred Google Docs. They do much the same thing, .Google Docs just seemed more user firendly to me. Here is what I wrote.
Musings on Google Docs
This is going to be great for producing newsletters for a Society I belong to. Instead of attachments going back and forth we will each be able to log in and edit the document. It makes emailing look so passe. It doesn't matter where the participants are, they will all be able to contribute in their own time.
There are so many potential uses for this web-based application. There was one couple's story about how they do their shopping list using a spreadsheet on Google Docs. (This really appeals to the list making side of my personality!) The shared spreadsheet is categorised in the same order as the layout of the supermarket. Each can update the list any time without having to contact the other. No more calls, "Honey, we've run out of milk". After printing the cell contents are deleted and the list starts again. Cool!

When I tried to upload it as HTML I found I wasn't subscribed to Win Zip on this laptop so will have to experiment more when I'm back to work after the school holidays

1 comment:

Howie-nz said...

Hmmm... the shopping list is a great idea. There can be so many uses for these shared applications - only limitied to our imaginations!