Friday, October 3, 2008

# 17 Twitter

Have always been curious as to what Twitter was about. It lets your friends see what is happening in each others lives between blog posts and emails. It can be accessed from your mobile phone or your PC. Basically you are limited to 140 characters which answer the question What are you doing? There is a similar set up in facebook where you get a box to say what you are doing. I don't think I'll be subscribing to this one. We save power in our household and don't generally leave the PC on all day. I know, it probably takes more power to restart every time I need to do my Web 2.0 homework!
A work application? This is again social networking and somewhat limiting for professional use but maybe one could "twitter' in a team building situation where it was necessary to get to know your colleague's 'other life' .

No comments: