Tuesday, August 12, 2008

#6 Digital technology

Have wanted my own digital camera for ages so took the plunge and went out and bought one with the excuse that my son can take it on his trip to France next month. Would be great if he took the attachments and downloaded pictures in the school's Facebook page so that I could keep a virtual eye on him! Isn't digital technology amazing. It moves so fast. The smallest memory stick for the camera was 1GB!
Last month I got a text from a friend in London and another friend sent e-mails from all over the world as she travelled so that I got the enthusiasm she was feeling at the time. I could join in the funny stories about the GPS system driving them into a one lane dead end street in Spain when they wanted the supermarche, or the tornado they experienced in the States.
My generation complain about the constant texting our children do but when you think about it logically, they are far more communicative than we ever were and it's nothing new that the communication is with their peers and not with their parents!

No comments: